Thursday, April 25, 2013

30 Day Cleaning Challenge- Day 25

Oh my goodness! I started this challenge strong but have struggled to keep with it. I have noticed my house not staying as clean without doing the challenges so I am going to really try to finish the challenge. I plan to use this method to clean my house going forward. It does really seem to work. (as long as you do it!)

Today's challenge is to clean your kitchen or living room.

Both of my rooms were pretty clean so I decided to clean my oven. The smoke alarm has been going off lately when I have been cooking. Maybe it is time to take care of that!


I don't like to use chemicals when I clean my oven. I just dumped some baking soda in the bottom of the oven and then poured some vinegar onto the baking soda. It is better but still has some gunk on it. Is there a good way to clean an oven chemical-free that works?

Hopefully it will be clean enough that it won't make the smoke alarm go off any more!

1 comments:

Charlene said...

Well, it does look better!

I was just reading about using a box of baking soda mixed with 1/4 c of washing soda. Wet the floor and walls of the oven with a damp cloth or wet paper towels, sprinkle with the mixture, and leave overnight. The next morning it should wipe clean. (or so the article says!)

If you do resort to chemicals, there is a cold oven Easy-off that's not nearly as stinky and caustic as the one where you have to heat your oven.

Once you get it clean, maybe try putting one of those foil oven liners in the bottom. I wanted to do that for mine, but it's a weird size so I don't think they make them that size. My oven would be a good choice for me to hit, it needs attention badly!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios